2008/11/17

And naturally the dissent disagreed

It's dark already. I hate that I get out of work at 5:30pm and it is already pitch black out. Its 6:20pm now and its like really dark out, almost scary up in my hoodz yo.

Good weekend for Equal rights all over this nation. My fiance and I made t-shirts and bought posters to decorate for the big march in San Diego, but we didn't make it down to the big rally. We both still wore our shirts though, so we are helping out somehow. There is a lot going on in CA right now with equal rights so that is good.

I went to the dog park with Duffy today and overhead some people chatting up about same sex marriage. Something about balboa dog park makes me know that most people there are for equal rights, especially with the abundance of mini dogs and Chihuahua's. Also, saw a bulldog with a Louis Vuitton collar, pretty amazing stuff. I don't know if it is because I am in law school and automatically feel that I am smarter than most people, but people really don't get what is going on with the proposition. Perhaps this is the reason that the yes's won, that people just don't care enough or are to naive to really understand what is happening. Anyways, I think that CA will have a pretty tough time keeping prop 8 on the books and this will probably be overturned within some time, whether a few months or maybe a year. That's just my gut feeling.

The rest of the country may never come around, but who cares. I don't plan to be visiting the Ozarks very soon, and don't care to. That also goes to you Texas, but I may request a one weekend reprieve to go to Austin...

Catholics in South Carolina should be pretty embarrassed right now, with a catholic priest saying that those who voted for Obama must now "repent". Seriously? Should I be paying you for this time to repent? Will that get me ahead of all the other jackasses in the church who are touching alter boys? It is this blatant disregard for what is actually important now that makes me hate the Catholic church. As a 12 year veteran of Catholic education, I experienced the amazing fallout that was the peder ass priests, which was the biggest cover up before Isiah Thomas's overdose.

I remember when my best friend and I visited the Vatican and saw the museum. Really Catholics? You want me to donate money to your cause? You could sell off all your art property and no one would go hungry or sleep without shelter.

It is this blatant disregard for what is now, what is current, that makes me fearful of churches in general. They want to remind us of what it once was, like an obnoxious grandparent. The past is just that, and the best that we can do is learn from it, which no one seems to be doing looking at the current social situations.

No comments: